BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Mind has a Mind of its Own!



Everything will be perfect. Its an ideal world. The last bus to your destination will wait till you get in and the best job in that want is custom-made for you. I am a dreamer. And they are not merely my thoughts, wishes or desires - which any and every lay man may have. These are, but, experiences. I love my mind to just 'flow' to the ideas of the 'ideal world' - one that is created by you and you alone. Its as if, you're given your own 5 acres of land in the woods and you paintbrush all elements of beauty that you want to put in for your happiness. There is just a different joy in knowing what makes you happy and doing it over and over again. For that moment of happiness - you think of no one but yourself.

When was that moment for you that made you happy - really really happy? Like when you kicked your shoe off in your room and just danced to a song that was never playing out loud? Happy with the person that you are. Happy with the life that you have. Happy with the way you live it.


So, whats wrong in being a dreamer? I am one. And a big one at that. I confess. Yes it is the ideal world - the 'dream world' as you may call it. So what? Yes, not every moment translates to one of reality. Not every dream would come true. But till that reality breaks in, why cant one go on dreaming? The image of this game often crosses my mind where everyone must carry the lemon on the spoon, holding it between their teeth - to reach the final line the fastest. Sometimes I feel I'm one of them, but leading the race. And as I keep walking faster balancing the spoon - I pass those who failed to make it, laughing out loud and shouting 'What a stupid game!' But I try and figure it all out in my head as I go on walking. I am the one in the front and they arnet. It might just be a stupid game - a stupid belief - but face it, they'll never really know how it is to win it and get the 'stupid' prize home! Well...years down the line, even I may find it stupid - but thats it! Till that moment when I really do - Why stop walking? Why stop the game? Why stop feeling happy?

"You belong to a different era" - I've heard this before. Maybe I do. And as I meet more people of 'this era', the more 'different' I feel. But I take pride in it. I would not cut my hair just to know how it feels to be looking crazily-different to the world at large! But I would wear white and dance in the rain when all by myself! There are things I would never do - knowing that I should or am supposed to do - like find out the most eligible bachelor and introduce myself to him at the party. But then there are things that I do and religiously follow which nobody in 'today's era' believes in..


So you can well imagine what my 'dreamland' is like! It was created by my imagination some 10 to 12 years back...and today I sometimes think, if the life I live today looks even a bit like the 'dream' I envisioned for myself when I would be 24...? As I keep treading on, trying to make all my dreams come true - Newer, fresher and larger dreams get woven. And its almost like its not even in my control - my mind has a mind of its own! And so the dreamer in me will never die till the mind in me keeps striving on to make those dreams a reality!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If it is to be, it is up to me."

0 comments: